I SELL AVON

I SELL AVON
http://blowry.avonrepresentative.com/

Contributors

Thursday, February 25, 2010
 Before I begin, I would like to say that I found a really cute picture of the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, but my computer was acting up and my frustration level was just too high to put it on this post.  I figured if I got so frustrated that I threw my computer out the window, that would negate any bargains I found today and in the near future.

Do you sometimes feel like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz?  I definitely had an Oz moment today.  I was doing all of my errands today, determined I was going to get EVERY SINGLE ONE done.  (I have a tendency to procrastinate, especially when I need to go to the bank.)

I went by Target and got a great deal on some paper towels.  I was cruising down the paper products aisle, against the outer wall.  Did you know that the end caps closest to the outer wall is where the clearance products are?  Anyway, I was standing there looking at some clearance items, hoping I could find something cheap AND that I had a coupon for.  I picked up some Suave shampoo (the large bottles in a double-pack for $1.75) when a lady came over, reached down and picked up a 12-pack of large rolls of paper towels.  She said they were marked $11.99, but were ringing up $6.79.  She had already bought one package and she was grabbing another one.  Needless to say I grabbed two packages (averaging about 40 cents per roll, if bought regular rolls).  Whoo hoo!!  What a deal!!  There was a man standing there and he grabbed the last two packages.  I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.  Next time you are at Target, make sure you go by the clearance items.  You never know what you might happen upon.

Next I went to Kroger.  I got a few sale items, but nothing much worth mentioning, except a free bottle of Frank's hot sauce (50 cent coupon doubled and the bottle was originally $1).

I went by to deliver an Avon order to a customer that is absolutely my best customer.  I start to get worried when I don't hear from her every campaign.  She orders A LOT of Avon and is a really sweet person to boot.

I went by and paid for my van tag.  I don't want to see a policeman in my rearview mirror with his lights flashing because I didn't get my new sticker that costs over $54.  It's probably cheaper than a ticket, though.

I went by Jack-in-the-Box for lunch.  While I was there, I looked through my coupon book because I had a CVS extra-care buck I needed to use no later than Saturday.  As luck would have it, there was a deal for Colgate toothpaste, on sale for $2.99 and you get a $2 ECB.  Perfect.  I could use my $1 ECB plus my $1 coupon and actually make money on the deal.  I also bought two Snicker's bars because I had a coupon for 50 cents off 2 and they were on sale for 2/$1.  That's when my Oz moment happened.  I guess I got too excited about the Snickers.  I paid for my purchase, walked away from the counter and realized I hadn't used my ECB.  That was the WHOLE PURPOSE of going to CVS to begin with.  I guess now I have to go back and use my ECB.  Ughhhhh!!  Oh, well, at least we always need toothpaste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment