I SELL AVON

I SELL AVON
http://blowry.avonrepresentative.com/

Contributors

Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I got up yesterday morning to the question of "Trash driving?"  That was from my youngest son wanting to know if we were going to drive around part of our neighborhood looking for items that people were throwing away and that we couldn't live without.

Disclaimer:
I have to admit that many times I pick up things that I can't use, but that I can sell in our next garage sale, like baby strollers, which was the case yesterday.  It's truly amazing the good "stuff" people throw away that others can use.  Even if I didn't have plans to sell it, I would pick it up to at least give to a charity to they could sell it and make a little money.

Okay, back to my Monster.  As we were cruising around, with the back of the pickup loaded down with other people's trash, but our treasure, we spotted these:


Now, mind you, if I hadn't had a 10-year-old boy with me, I would have NEVER stopped to pick these up.  Most of the time, people are throwing these things away because they don't work and Christmas lights and I just don't get along real well.  In fact, my Christmas spirit goes out the window when I'm trying to put lights on our tree, but I digress.

Since I DID have a 10-year-old boy with me, we stopped to pick them up, me thinking the whole time "I'm just going to end up putting them by OUR trash can when we get home, plug them in and see that they don't work".  I bet the man who lived there, who, by the way was sitting there watching my son the whole time he was putting them in the back of the truck, thought we were completely nuts or desperate to find things to sell.  He is definitely right about us being nuts.  I REALLY need to find a different neighborhood to trash drive in besides our own.

We got home, plugged them in, and lo and behold, they actually work  Granted, a few of the white lights on the body of the one of the deer don't work, so we might have to replace those (don't be surprised if you hear that particular deer met an untimely death because of my Christmas light "problem"), but the motors that make the heads move up and down WORK.  You can just imagine my surprise.

Now the big question is "Where in the world do I store them until Christmas?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what, there's always a breath of fresh air in trash. I pick up old glass bottles and paint them. Even sold some. Check it out at http://magicalgiftshop.blogspot.com

Post a Comment