I SELL AVON

I SELL AVON
http://blowry.avonrepresentative.com/

Contributors

Friday, March 5, 2010
It's been a pretty good week for freecyling, curbsaling, embarrassing yourself because people are watching you pick through other people's trash, etc.

My first find was this table.

 

I was cruising along through our neighborhood (I wonder how many people recognize me now as the "trash lady" and whisper things about me when I drive by?), when I spotted this table sitting by the curb IN THE RAIN.  Can you believe someone would just put this beautiful table outside IN THE RAIN?  What were they thinking?  I opened up the hatch on my minivan and threw it (okay, well, I didn't actually THROW it because it's kind of heavy, but you get my meaning).  I headed home and put it in my garage.  The middle of the top on one side is a little sunken is which I think can be fixed very easily and it needs a little work on the top there the finish was rubbed off, but it's gorgeous.  Those are wrought iron legs.  Not sure where I'm going to put it yet, but I couldn't just let it sit there and get ruined.
The next day I was cruising along again, this time on purpose since it was trash day in one part of our neighborhood.  Apparently someone had moved out of a rental and the owners had cleaned out whatever the renters left.  I love it when that happens.  I always get some good stuff that way.  

I found these



The table is currently being sanded down to paint and put in our gameroom, along with the lamp.  Now if I can find a lampshade I will be in good shape.  It also needs a couple of new legs because it looks like some critter chewed on them.

I also found a cute Uncle Sam wooden stand-up "thingie" for my front porch for the 4th of July.  He's gonna need a little cleaning and I'm going to put a flag in his hand.

I can't wait to show you how it all turned out.  I'm also repainting the furniture in my youngest son's bedroom.  He's decided he wants the University of Oklahoma colors in his room, so bring on the crimson and cream.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing finds, coffee table looks really nice.
Look forward to seeing then looking like brand
new items! Enjoyed your blog, will make it one
of my favorites!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Roadkill rescue! I LOVES IT! I join you in looking like a trash picking fool!

Post a Comment