I SELL AVON

I SELL AVON
http://blowry.avonrepresentative.com/

Contributors

Thursday, March 10, 2011
What do these words have in common?

special
especially
annual
perennial
cordial
Cordially
character
separate
serious
furious
eruption
destruction
direction
comfortable
apparently
microscopic
allergic
scientific
activity
forgetful


They all words that my 5th grader is having trouble spelling.  Give him a math problem and he can do it with his eyes shut.  Give him the word algebra and he can't spell it after practicing all week.  Why do our brains work that way?  I'm just the opposite.  I absolutely can't stand math, but I see a word and how to spell it is stuck in my head the rest of my life.  His spelling problems are frustrating for both of us.  I don't understand why he has such trouble spelling and he practices really hard and still can't spell the words.  If you have any suggestions to help those words stick in his brain, I would be grateful. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment