I SELL AVON

I SELL AVON
http://blowry.avonrepresentative.com/

Contributors

Tuesday, March 9, 2010
I went to the high school yesterday to help fit approximately 12, 572 about 35 band members for their concert uniforms.  Let's just say that teenage boys + trying on formal wear = a very interesting afternoon.

Conversation between us moms and the boys:
What size pants do you wear. "I don't know" was the common reply.  What size shirt do you wear?  "I don't know."  What size sport coat do you wear?  "I don't know.  I've never worn a sport coat."  "Okay, then take this pair of pants, shirt, jacket and vest, put it on and come back out of the bathroom.  DO NOT take anything off without us actually seeing it first unless it is way too small to even button.  Some did exactly what we said to do.  Some did exactly what we said not to do.  Some were just completely clueless about any of it.  One went into the bathroom with his "gear" and came out a few minutes later with his school uniform on (not the dress uniform, mind you) and said "It all fits, except the pants are waaay too long."  We said "Okay, then you are going to have to go back in the bathroom and put the pants back on so we can pin them to be hemmed."  Lord, give me strength.

Ya gotta love'em.

It was all worth it in the end, because this is how they look (except for the length.  We didn't have time to hem before I took the picture).


The tie and vest are a silver print and look really nice with the black tux.

The girls are wearing solid black, long dresses that are very flattering for every figure.

They have a competition tomorrow, so I'm headed up to the school again today to help finish hemming.  Ah, the joys of motherhood.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun afternoon and how handsome!

Post a Comment